For more than twenty years, Ginger has delivered storytimes, based on oral storytelling and rhymes, for children and their families in libraries, schools, preschools, daycares, and community organizations. This includes storytelling tours for Canadian Children’s Book Week and Young Alberta Book Society.
She earned a Master of Arts in Children’s Literature, which led to teaching positions at University of British Columbia, Mount Royal University and Southern Alberta Institute of Technology. She further developed her knowledge of children’s books and early literacy as a Regional Representative for Canadian Children’s Book Centre.
She remains involved in the early childhood community in a variety of roles: conference speaker, storyteller, program facilitator for Families Matter and Lead Foundation, teacher-trainer for the Parent-Child Mother Goose Program™ and workshop leader. In 2017, “More than Words: Using Nursery Rhymes and Songs to Support Domains of Child Development” was published in Journal of Childhood Studies.
• Lead Foundation
• Families Matter
• Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta (AECEA)
• Storytellers of Canada/ Conteurs du Canada (SC-CC)
• The Alberta League Encouraging Storytelling (TALES)
• Canadian Children’s Book Centre (CCBC)
• Vancouver Children’s Literature Roundtable
• The Hanen Centre
• Young Alberta Book Society (YABS)